Grants Open Nationally: We are open for applications for people over the age of 60 who live anywhere in the UK including Greater London.
Grants Open in Greater London: We are open for applications for women in need of a recuperative holiday after a long physical or mental illness living within Greater London.
Due to the numbers involved, we regret that we are not able to can you get a installment loan in Alabama email individuals or organisations when we have more funds.
Family Action’s Welfare Grants programme aims to help prevent an immediate crisis from spiralling and threatening the stability of families and individuals.
Up to date information on funds available will be provided on our website so please check as and when you want to submit an application
Welfare grants are an integral part of our whole family approach to finding solutions for those who need it the most. Coupled with emotional and practical support, grants help us to create a safety net for the most vulnerable and disadvantaged members of our society.
All applications must be made, on-line, by a suitable referring agency. Suitable referring agencies include: statutory agencies or charities that provide health or social care; housing associations; probation services and GP’s.
- have knowledge of and are able to assess the needs of the individual or family in need
- have a bank account in its own name and are able to bank and administer grants on our behalf. Payments will only be made to the referring agency unless a prepaid Argos card is requested during the application process. If a prepaid store card is requested it will be sent directly to the beneficiary
It is vital that the individual or families needing assistance meet the eligibility criteria of Family Action’s welfare grants programme. We regret that if an application is received on behalf of someone who does not meet the eligibility criteria a grant will not be awarded.
Current employees of a Referral Organisation or their family members are not permitted or eligible to make an application for a grant under this Scheme.
A broken washing machine for example would for many of us be a financial burden to replace; for a family with three children and a very low income however it may mean taking out a high-street loan and plunging further debt
Our welfare grants programme primarily provides grants for essential personal and household needs to assist families and individuals with low incomes, particularly those living on benefits. In addition funding is available for disability aids that will benefit the applicant in the home and to provide recuperative holidays for women who are resident in greater London.
In addition to living on a low income and having right of residency in the UK welfare grant applicants must fall into one or more of the following “priority areas” listed below to be eligible to apply for a grant.
- Older People: Support to promote independence; improve the quality of life and isolation for those aged 60 and over. Please note that we will require ID for the applicant that shows proof of age, this can be a passport, driving license or birth certificate.
- Disability/Sickness: We are closed for disability/sickness applications due to lack of funding and will not reopen until mid 2022. Support to pay for:
- disability aids that will benefit the applicant in their home. Please note, we do not fund ordinary personal and household needs under this category such as cookers or bedding unless a clear case is made that they have to be specially adapted to meet the applicants needs and we may require additional information before a grant is made to support the application.